Wednesday 24 February 2010

Good news about the windlass

We've been trying, for what seems like ages, to get Pixie booked in somewhere to get the windlass fitted. Forth time lucky, it seems everyone we've tried has been busy. Good for them, but bad for us.

So a phone around last week resulted in Carl from Endeavour Yacht Services visiting Pixie on Friday, in the midst of a short unseasonal snow shower. We got the quote back today and we have accepted it. Although I could fit the windlass myself, I'm leaving this job to the professionals. I don't really have the time or knowledge (or the bottle) to start drilling 3 inch holes in Pixie's deck.

Not only do we have seemed to have sorted that out, the engine has been serviced, but I think there may be a few other things that need sorting. The engineer was on her today so we shall see what happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment