Saturday 19 June 2010

A day full of surprises

It has been an eventful couple of days. We did the right thing heading for Arisaig when we did. From zero wind on Thursday we went to a good force 5 or 6 on Friday. We had to anchor a long way from the jetty so got just a little wet on the dinghy ride ashore. We were both keen to visit the beach at Camusdarach. This beach featured in the famous Scottish film Local Hero and I also spent a memorable family holiday there 19 years ago. Local Hero is my favourite film and I have subjected Graham to it a number of times since we met! It wasn't that easy to get there. The 7 mile walk was a little too long than we were willing to attempt and the bus timetable was pretty confusing but we did ascertain that there would be no buses for the rest of the day.




So we opted for the train. We had just missed a scheduled train but it was 10 minutes late so we were in luck. After arriving in Morar it was about a 50 minute walk to the beach. When we got there it was just as I remembered if not a little windier. We were both starving so we sat on the rocks and ate our sandwiches. I had one Twix and one Kit Kat so I gave Graham the choice. He opted for the Kit Kat. As we got up to leave Graham stopped me. He had something sparkly in hand which he held out as he said "Kirsty, will you marry me?" I tried out the ring for size first (if you've not guessed already it was made out of the Kit Kat wrapper) and then gave my answer. Naturally it was yes. The setting was perfect and Graham had thought it all through perfectly. That's just why I love him.
About 30 minutes later my parents arrived at the beach so we told them our news. They were delighted. The plan was to go for dinner in Arisaig but the wind was not playing ball. We headed back to the boat to drop a few things off (more whisky etc) but the waves were bordering on dangerous for our little tender. We had 38 knots at one point. Occasional force 6 it was not. Dinner was off and we opted to stay on Pixie. So our celebratory dinner was leftover curry, cheese and biscuits and trifle. It was lovely. The posh meal has been postponed until tonight. Watch this space for a review.

PS I love you Graham and can't wait to be your wife


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment