Thursday 28 January 2010

The packages keep arriving

One of the things about organising a trip like this, a long distance cruise for three months, is that all the little jobs one tends to put off, can't be put off any longer

We don't have many months to plan this trip, so everything we might be able to do without for a two week cruise, now make their way onto the to do list.

While I was away in Düsseldorf for work, packages kept arriving in my absence. Kirsty's new Mustos arrived, and while there was nothing really wrong with her old set, they were just too big for her. Likewise there was nothing wrong with the AIS radar, but it hides away at the chart table. After fitting our new chart plotter I wanted to be able to overlay the AIS data. So I bought an AIS receiver from Digital Yacht, their most basic and cheapest model, but it should do exactly what I want it to.

In the mean time Kirsty has ordered the Clyde Cruising Club pilot books for the areas we want to cruise. And I'm getting quotes for fitting the windlass. More packages to arrive

No comments:

Post a Comment